The West Palm Beach Downtown Development Authority (DDA) offers assistance to new businesses for their “Grand Opening”. It is at the discretion of the individual business (with the advice of the DDA) as to what style and size of grand opening they wish to have. Retail stores, for instance, may offer light hors-d’oeuvres & wine to invited guests while they peruse the store, where a new restaurant may have a full band and open bar. Other businesses may wish to purchase advertising or mailers announcing their new Downtown location.
THE DDA OFFERS THE FOLLOWING:
- The DDA will reimburse up to $1,000.00 in matching funds, toward expenses that are directly related to the Grand Opening. To obtain the maximum amount you must incur expenses of $2,000.00 or more. ($1,000.00 maximum limit)
- The DDA can distribute email invitation to area “VIPS” and/or general public (+5k opt-in subscribers)
- Inclusion in “The Downtown Update” newsletter and social channels (DowntownWPB/DDA)
- Coordinate a Ribbon Cutting with key stakeholders
- The DDA & the Business will mutually agree on a date and time for the Grand Opening. The processing and approval of an application may take up to 4 weeks.
- NO APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED WITH LESS THAN 4 WEEKS PRIOR TO EVENT DATE.
- Business must receive written approval from the DDA.
- Please provide to the DDA copies of your paid receipts for reimbursement. Please allow 30 days for processing.
- The DDA must be listed on the invitation.
Mail or fax your draft copy of your invitation before printing.
EXAMPLE: Sponsored by the West Palm Beach Downtown Development Authority or (Business name) and the West Palm Beach Downtown Development Authority Cordially Invite you to attend the Grand Opening of or Grand Opening in Partnership with the West Palm Beach Downtown Development Authority
For additional information contact:
Teneka James-Feaman, Associate Director
West Palm Beach Downtown Development Authority
300 Clematis Street Suite 200, West Palm Beach, Florida 33401
(561) 833-8873 Fax: (561) 833-5870 email@example.com