Kick off the holiday season with the City of West Palm Beach’s Holiday in Paradise star of the show, Sandi – the world’s only 35-foot, 700-ton, holiday sand tree – returning to the waterfront for her seventh season. Just back from her around-the-world beach tour, Sandi will introduce her new friend Merry the Mermaid, as she makes her 2018 debut during Clematis by Night, in a spectacular synchronized light and music show featuring Sandi’s Merry Melody. Sandi’s foster dog Duke, “A Great Dane for a Great Dame,” who made his debut last year will also be back to celebrate the season. We hope to see you for this beloved holiday tradition!
Special events throughout the evening include:
7:00 p.m. – Lighting of Sandi, the World’s Only 700-ton Sand Holiday Tree.
● Jerry Wayne’s Private Party Band will get the party going.
● A Cappella performances by Generation Gap: four guys and one doll, who harmonize hits from yesterday.
● Guests can shop for one-of-a-kind gifts and treasures and purchase Sandi Bling to glow with Sandi’s light shows all season long, in the Holiday Gift Boutique, located in the Lake Pavilion.
● Join Sandi in Sandi Land for tons of FREE family fun including a backstage peek in Sandi’s Dressing Room.
● Play the popular Glow FORE It Mini Golf.
● Don’t miss Sandi’s new selfie stops because there’s always a memorable moment to share in Sandi Land!
● Non-stop family fun in SnowieVille, including special seasonal kickoff activities such as face painting.
● Have your photo taken with a mermaid.
● Santa and Mrs. Claus will also make a special appearance!
Sandi’s nightly music and light shows kick off at the November 29 Clematis by Night Tree Lighting and will continue nightly through December 31 at the intersection of Clematis Street and Flagler Drive.
Convenient parking is available in two City of West Palm Beach garages, Banyan, on the corner of Banyan Blvd. and Olive Ave., and Evernia, on the corner of Evernia St. and Olive Ave. The City’s garages are just a few blocks away from the action. Additionally, the City’s fun and free trolley has several stops near Sandi and the other Holiday in Paradise elements.
For more information about Sandi and Holiday in Paradise, or the City of West Palm Beach’s other free community events, click here.